[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - bronze deck hatch gaskets

bronze deck hatch gaskets

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

bronze deck hatch gaskets

Postby scleary » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Folks,

Searched the board high and low, and to my amazement I can't find a single post regarding the gasket material used on the opening bronze hatches. I found several posts on the oval port gaskets, but none for the hatches. If this topic exists elsewhere already, please point me toward it.

If not, does anyone have a source for an appropriate material to replace the gaskets on the bronze opening deck hatches? They are so heavy, i'm not sure a hollow material would hold up. The existing material appears to be solid. It also appears to be different on the forward hatch vs the aft hatches on my 43T. The forward used square material with 45 degree cut corners. The aft hatches used 'oblong' (think square, but with rounded edges) that only has one seam glued. I'm rebedding, new lenses, new trim rings that I added so I could use elastomeric sealant and over size the holes to prevent the inevitable Lexan cracking at the fasteners.

Early in the process yet, but here are a few initial pictures.

Thanks,
Steve

ps-that isn't blood in the pictures, it's ketchup used to strip the patina off the bronze. Ancient Chinese secret...

3_hatches_trim_rings.jpg

Fwd_htch_frame.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scleary
Crew

Re: bronze deck hatch gaskets

Postby hc43grace » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:00 am

Hello there... Not sure if you found an answer, I have a 43T and looking for the same information.
For the oval ports and round, I used Mc Masters round EDPM 1/2" I can see Mc Masters has all sorts of gasket material.
Perhaps we can ask and find the squared one. I am going to try the round one that I bought.
The part number is #8605K44, if you are interested. LMK if you found something for the Squared Hatches.
Thanks! :D
hc43grace
Landlubber

Return to Deck Hardware, Binicles and Winches