[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Hinged bronze hooks?

Hinged bronze hooks?

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Hinged bronze hooks?

Postby freespirit » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Does anyone have a supplier for these hooks? One of mine holding the companionway door broke recently, and haven't been able to find one at our local consignment shop, hardware store, JD, eBay, etc. Thanks for any suggestions you have.
Cathy Winkler
s/v Free Spirit
HC33T #101
freespirit
Cabinboy

Postby mimoza » Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:42 am

Try this:
http://www.sailboatstuff.com/cb_hooks.html#cabdoorhook

Until it arrives, if there is one above a port that you don't use much, just swap with that one. On my 33 they look the same. I used one from above the high book shelf on the starboard side.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Sailboat Stuff link

Postby freespirit » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:00 am

Thanks for the link. Looks like they have something similar, only not in bronze. I thought about taking one from elsewhere, and may swap out the one in the head with this one. Can't take the one from the shelf, since that's one of my cat's favorite places to lay and watch nature.
Cathy Winkler
s/v Free Spirit
HC33T #101
freespirit
Cabinboy

Postby mimoza » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:33 pm

A&B Industries of Santa Rosa, CA used to have all the right hardware, but I can't seem to find them on the web anymore.

www.SailorSams.com also has a chrome plated brass latch with a design that is closer to ours. Sea-dog.com has what is probably the best selection.

The problem I have always had is that the latch is not well aligned on my doors, and the large cockpit ports make it difficult to orient them more conveniently. IOW, my latches do not drop in from above; they hook in the horizontal position, and they are always falling out of the little hole.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby remetau » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:06 pm

One of our companionway hinges just broke a couple of weeks ago. I replaced all four with with these:
Don & Diana
s/v Re Metau 1985 HC33T #93
www.remetau.com
remetau
Cabinboy

Return to Miscellaneous Stuff