[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Heating System

Heating System

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Heating System

Postby steven_cleary » Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:27 am

steven_cleary
Crew

Postby dino » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:04 pm

Dino & Cathy Bortolin
s/v Delphinius
'79 HC43 Ketch #28
dino
Crew

Postby steven_cleary » Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:28 pm

steven_cleary
Crew

Postby Great_Aardvark » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Dino and Kathy,
I do not know if you are still active on this forum or not but thought I would give it a try.

I just bought a HC 33 and have purchased a Webasco 90s. On my last boat I had air forced air Webasco and it worked great but because of the HC 33 design and also because I will be staying on board for longer times the 90 was a better fit. On the last boat (Catalina 30) I mounted the unit in the cockpit locker which had a very large opening. I had intended to do the same with this unit but because the opening is not as large and also needing to service the batteries I am having difficulties. Can you tell me where and how you mounted you unit and what model you have? Also pictures would be good.

Thanks Tony
Tony
Said Rat "If you believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing, half so worth doing as - simply messing around in boats!"
1984 HC 33 Hull #59
S/V Shearwater
Charlotte North Carolina
Great_Aardvark
First Mate

Postby Great_Aardvark » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:18 am

Also regarding the short life of the Espars in I also had an Espar as my first heater on the Catalina 30 and it died after about two years of not very heavy use. Since it was out of warranty I deceide to look at Webasco. It talking to the saleman I told him of the Espar's short life (it was a forced air unit) and since the design of the Wabasco looked very similar woould I have the same problem with it. He expalined that at first they had issues with the Webasco but they fixed the units even though out of warranty. This gave them the chance also to deterimine what the problems were. What they found was that once the heater warmed up the space then it would never kick on high. This cause the unit to carbon up and cause the elements to be replaced. I suspect that this may have led also to issues with the fan. What they did with the Webasco was to reprogram them to run only on high. This burned hot enough to keep the unit from carboning up and also the unit ran less often. I had the Webasco for roughly 10 years and never a problem. The company I bought it from was Great Lakes Marine Specialties and the URL is http://www.navstore.com The sale guy is Rich who is very knowledgeable.

Tony
Tony
Said Rat "If you believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing, half so worth doing as - simply messing around in boats!"
1984 HC 33 Hull #59
S/V Shearwater
Charlotte North Carolina
Great_Aardvark
First Mate

Postby Great_Aardvark » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:32 am

Steve,
I just went out to see the unit you are getting. Is this the spec sheet for it?
Tony
Specifications - Toyotomi OM-180 Oil Fired Heater

Model OM-180 Oil Fired Heater
Ignition: High Voltage Discharge Spark
Fuel Type: ASTM D3699 1-K Kerosene No. 1 & ASTM D396 No. 2 Fuel Oil (Typical Home Heating Oil)
Heat Rating: Input 148,000 BTU/h
Fuel Consumption: 1.05 gal./h
Min./Max. Hot Water Temperature: 68°F / 95°F / 122°F / 158°F / 176°F (approximately)
Water Flow Rate - Temperature Rise: 6.2 gal./min. (40°F rise)
5.0 gal./min. - (50°F rise)
4.1 gal./min. - (60°F rise)
3.5 gal./min. - (70°F rise)
3.1 gal./min. - (80°F rise)
Capacity of Heat Exchanger: 5.10 gal.
Fuel System: Tank (1)
Dimensions (W x H x D): 12-5/8" by 27-3/4" by 22-1/2"
Weight: 81 lbs - empty
Temperature Differential Settings: 3.6°F, 18°F, 36°F (3 settings by selector switch)
Vent Pipe Hole: 4-3/4" diameter
Max. Length of Vent Pipe: 10 feet with 3 bends or less
Max. Length of Chimney: 26 feet
Electric Rating: 120 Volts AC, 60 Hz
Ignition - 110W
Burning - 98W
Required Accessories: In-line fuel filter
Temp. & Pressure Relief Valve
(When using the OM-180 as a Hydronic Heating Boiler
then a 30 PSI Pressure Relief Valve is required)
Flue pipe installation kit or chimney adapter kit
Warranty: 3 Years - Burner Top & Heat Exchanger
1 Year - Parts
Exhaust Air Temperature: Less than 500°F
Safety Devices: Over-heat protector
Ignition safety device
Empty burning protective device
Heat exchanger bi-metal switch
Temperature fuse, Fusible link valve
Tony
1984 HC 33 Hull #59
S/V Shearwater
Charlotte North Carolina
Great_Aardvark
First Mate

Return to The Galley , Saloon, Air Conditioning & Cabin Heaters