Stove

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Stove

Postby charles » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:34 pm

I have decided to get a Force 10 stove for the galley which then brings up the interesting part. My boat came with a Pacific diesel stove originally that was never plumbed. Sold it so how many burners should I have? Wife and I go back and forth this so looking for suggesstions.

Charles
s/v Seagate 38T
Chula Vista, CA
charles
First Mate

Postby gigglingdolphins » Mon Jul 27, 2009 7:48 pm

We have the Force 10 with three burners, oven, and broiler, this seems to fit all of our cooking needs.
Jack & Sue
S/V Giggling Dolphins
HC 33T Hull# 80 Dec. 1984

Sailing through life is the only way to Live :)
gigglingdolphins
Crew

Postby bellastar » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:23 pm

We recently put in a Seaward Princess two burner and it's been working great. We live aboard and use it daily. I've got some pics on our blog if anyone's interested...
http://www.svbellastar.com/2009/04/fres ... okies.html

The trick was to find a stove where the top was level with the coutertop, back far enough to open the oven door without hitting the under sink cupboard, and still allow 20 degrees of swing in the gimble. (You know, since we're constantly cooking 3 course dinners in Force 9 gales)
bellastar
Cabinboy

Postby warmrain » Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:48 am

We've been living aboard for 23 years with our original Force 10 3-burner stove. We went around and around about 2 or 3 burner (they make 4 also) and someone told us, the larger top and rack will be places to put hot pots and such... And, considering the limited counter top space in the galley of the 33 anyway.. and hot pots... we decided to go with a 3 burner and we are glad we did. One large and 2 small burners and while I can't remember having all 3 going at once, there are times we want one small and one large - or 2 small. And of course there is a place to put the hot item you take off the fire.

The Force 10 has a tapered back and is the only gimbled 3 burner stove that we could find that would fit in a HC33T and gimble.

~Cars
Yacht "Warmrain" 1986 HC33T #123
Built by Hansa Yacht und Schiffbau G.M.B.H. Taichung Taiwan by Herb Guttler (last Hansa hull was #131, built 1987)

Posts are my opinion based on my experience; your results may vary from mine.
warmrain

Postby charles » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:45 pm

Hadn't thought about the hot pot idea. Think I'll go with the 3 burner. thnx

Charles
sv Seagate 38T
Chula Vista, CA
charles
First Mate

Return to The Galley , Saloon, Air Conditioning & Cabin Heaters