[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - What size of unit?

What size of unit?

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

What size of unit?

Postby nudibranch » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 am

I'm in the market for a reverse-cycle unit. For other 33 owners out there, what size do you have? The boat is mostly kept in the SE US, plenty of heat to fight off in the summer!

Thanks!
S/V Ro'annon
HC33T
nudibranch
Cabinboy

Postby Great_Aardvark » Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:28 am

I installed a Wabasco 16k unit in my 33. I live in Charlotte NC and this summer it kept the inside to low 80s when it was 95+ outside. The unit fits under the dinnet seat. I can send some pictures if you want.

Tony
Tony
Said Rat "If you believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing, half so worth doing as - simply messing around in boats!"
1984 HC 33 Hull #59
S/V Shearwater
Charlotte North Carolina
Great_Aardvark
First Mate

Postby nudibranch » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:35 am

I had a ubit in my previous 33, but couldn't remember what size it was. It was already installed under the aft berth when I bought the boat. The duct was run along the starboard side with 4 vents. It did very well at cooling and heating the boat while I was a liveaboard.
I'm now living aboard on the coast of NC and I'm concerned about the winter. I would like to see the installed pics and where/how you ran the ductwork.

Thanks!
S/V Ro'annon
HC33T
nudibranch
Cabinboy

Postby remetau » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:22 pm

We recently installed a 16k Marine Air.
Don & Diana
s/v Re Metau 1985 HC33T #93
www.remetau.com
remetau
Cabinboy