Marine Diesel Parts

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Marine Diesel Parts

Postby sv_bruadair » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:36 pm

I just wanted to let all of you know that I've been working with Bob at Marine Diesel Parts (bob@niemiecmarine.com) (508-997-1805) in trying to find parts for my Yanmar 3QM30F. Not only has he been patient but exceptionally helpful with my numerous questions. He understood that my resources here in Colombia were very limited and he went out of his way to look up part numbers and to double check to make sure they were what I needed. I've used him in the past for maintenance items but this time around it was to find parts so I could repair my leaking raw water pump. On the down side he has a territorial limit set by Yanmar that he can't sell outside of, but basically most of the East coast and towards the midwest, 22 states in all. On the plus side his prices were less than everyone else. Just wanted to share.
Damon and David
s/v Bruadair
1984 HC33 #58
www.bruadair.us
www.sv-bruadair.blogspot.com

Out cruising somewhere in Colombia or Panama
sv_bruadair
First Mate

Postby mimoza » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:05 am

Yanmar has some funny rules about distribution, and not everyone plays by the rules. If Bob's prices are less than everyone else's then he is probably legit and playing by the rules. I have a guy here on the West Coast in Everett who also has decent prices. (JM Marine). Just check your part number twice before placing the order.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Return to Yanmar