[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - selling 3qm30 from hc33

selling 3qm30 from hc33

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

selling 3qm30 from hc33

Postby jonneely » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:46 pm

1982 HC33 S/V Prism
www.svprism.com
jonneely
Crew

Re: selling 3qm30 from hc33

Postby lonesome_boatman » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:44 am

Hi Jon
2600 Hrs for 3QM30 is not a lot, they are reputably good for 10,000. It is I guess more related to service history rather than hours of use. My 3QM30 has about 900 Hrs and I pulled the head off at 500 and it looked as new. Parts of course may be an issue, but to date I have had no problems. When I discussed a repower with a Yanmar mechanic he advised not to go with the newer yanmars, but a Kubota based motor. I have instead spent money on the old donk and once it gets up around your hours I will reconsider. Do not no much about Beta Marine, but they are popular choices.
Mick
SV Respite 1983 HC33T # 52
Queensland Australia.
"Men who cannot enter into the mind of the sea, cannot for the same reason enter into the mind of ships."
lonesome_boatman
First Mate

Postby andyv94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:50 pm

Hi John

I have the same engine model as yours and I am in dying need of a water pump!!
I'm currently in Puerto Rico and I am stuck here because I can not find any new water pumps
or anybody around here that can repair the water pump!

Would you be interested in selling me your water pump!!! Pleeeeease, I'll pay good money for it

I need to get the hell out of here and onto Texas!!
Here's my cell 979-412-2179 or andresv94@yahoo.com

Any help would be very much appreciated!! I am a bit desperate at this point, I'm not
going to lie
andyv94
First Mate

Postby stormbay » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:21 pm

Andy,

If john doesn't bite, it looks like J-Way in MA has them new Good luck on your trip.
Yu & Frank
1985 HC-41 Hull# 11
http://sv-moitessier.blogspot.com/
stormbay
Crew

Postby jonneely » Tue Dec 03, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey Andy, not looking to part out the engine as of right now. That price on the water pump from that link isnt all that bad, locally i was quoted $1300 for one. Thus the want to re power with a new engine.
1982 HC33 S/V Prism
www.svprism.com
jonneely
Crew

Postby andyv94 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Unfortunately I need the fresh water pump and that one in that link is not!!

If you change your mind let me know, you would be saving me from being stuck here in
Puerto Rico :|
andyv94
First Mate

Postby jonneely » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:03 pm

Repower??? looking like it is going to cost me right around 11k for a brand new Beta 38 shipped
1982 HC33 S/V Prism
www.svprism.com
jonneely
Crew

Postby stormbay » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:31 am

These guys in OR claim a 2 day turnaround time on water pump rebuilds
Yu & Frank
1985 HC-41 Hull# 11
http://sv-moitessier.blogspot.com/
stormbay
Crew

Postby andyv94 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:44 am

Thank you, I've already spoken to the gentleman.

I'm going to see if they can fix it here locally (spoken to several shops)
and go from there!
andyv94
First Mate

Postby andyv94 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:04 pm

Jon

Do you have an email I can reach you at?
andyv94
First Mate

Postby jonneely » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:03 am

Same email Andy. Jon and Shannon on sv prism
1982 HC33 S/V Prism
www.svprism.com
jonneely
Crew

Return to Yanmar