[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Cape Horn Self Steering

Cape Horn Self Steering

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Cape Horn Self Steering

Postby Moon Shadow » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:24 am

Moon Shadow

Postby rob_leacock » Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:42 am

Rob

1986 43T "Ulu"
rob_leacock
Landlubber

Cape Horn

Postby Moon Shadow » Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:30 am

Rob
Thank you for your comment. I plan to order my unit this fall.
Glen
Moon Shadow

Postby johnrobinson » Fri Aug 04, 2006 4:11 pm

I installed one this spring on a 43T. . . and am very pleased with it . . . be sure to take the time to carefully measure as the manufacturer requires since once you drill a 3 1/2 inch hole in the stern to install, you don't want to start "re-figuring" things. I found that after removing the lazerette floors and the steering quadrant it was surprisingly easy to get inside the lazerette and make the installation. Also I was able to fasten the turning blocks to the existing stringers and didn't need to glass in any additional blocks to fasten blocks to . If I can make it work I'll send some pictures . . .

So far I've only used it on Puget Sound which is really "lake" sailing but plan to make a trip out to the Straight of Juan de FUca later this summer for a real sea trial. I bought it in part because of the recommendation from UlU . . .

Regards, John Robinson, s/v Crossings
johnrobinson
Crew

Cape Horn Self Steering

Postby rchendrixson » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:05 pm

Hello,
Are there any updates or photos for the Cape Horn system?
I am going to purchase and install this summer.

Thanks,

Ron -
rchendrixson
Landlubber

Return to The Sail Loft