Stainless Protection Bars Butterfly Hatch

Boats & Dinks & Miscellaneous Classifieds

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Stainless Protection Bars Butterfly Hatch

Postby chrisray12 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:31 am

We have 4 of the s.s. protection bar plates that cover the butterfly hatch glass. Made to fit our 43t but should work with other models also. Each plate is 14 7/16" wide by 21" long. They are in great shape and need just a little elbow grease to get rid of the rust around a few welds. Nothing a little bar keepers friend can't clean in 5 minutes. See Photos. Let me know if interested.
chrisray12
Crew

Re: Stainless Protection Bars Butterfly Hatch

Postby scleary » Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:25 pm

just curious, what are you going to use instead?
scleary
Crew

Postby chrisray12 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 9:09 pm

I had to rebuild our Butterfly hatch this last summer because of significant leaking and rot. The previous owner stripped the boat of most/all hardware when they lost it in a repossession in 2013 with a bank including these nice hatch bars, they never filled or covered anything they removed and left water to seep into the holes and rot the hatch. I was able to meet with him last fall and get some of the much needed items that he stripped from the boat that I could not find or replace (for a price of course). I had already built channel slider bars for the hatch to be easily removed, commonly seen on Babas/ Pandas/ Tayanas. I would have preferred the original bars when I was rebuilding the hatch but the price to have fabricated was obscene vs. the $100 in material for what I could make. When the PO gave me these, I could not bring myself to take the hatch apart for the 3rd time and replace with the original bars. The nice part is I can remove the bars very easily when we are at the dock or anchor. The bad part, they original bars look much better. IMHO.

chrisray12
Crew

Postby fischch » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:30 am

Are these parts still available??? I know the post is old... does'nt hurt to ask???

Thanks
Christian
310 594-1063
Fischch75@gmail.com
fischch
Landlubber

Return to Buy, Sell, Barter or Trade