New Teak Deck Boxes

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

New Teak Deck Boxes

Postby scleary » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:36 am

Folks,

I've seen several posts over the years regarding the teak tool boxes (many rot out). I had a recent exchange with Jack Hall of Pantawee Marine, current builder of the HC's still in production and former yard manager of one of the prior HC builders. I was looking at a 41 that didn't have any of the boxes left...and I just couldn't live with that!

Jack will build the new boxes and ship them from Thailand. I asked his permission to post the info/pricing here for anyone that wants to buy rather than try to build/fix their existing boxes:

Jack Hall
Pantawee Marine Co., Ltd.
391/20 Valley Home Garden, M.1,0 Pattaya City, Chonburi Province 20150 Thailand.
Tel: +66 (0) 3825 1526 Fax: +66 (0) 3825 1192
eMail: pmar1@bkk3.loxinfo.co.th

The small boxes are $880/each with an epoxy white interior plus shipping (i'm sure he could do the propane boxes too). He also offered that if there were any particular parts/components that folks needed, to feel free to reach out (he quoted me for a boomkin with swim ladder, including shipping). It can take a few days to get a reply sometimes with the timezone difference and what I'm sure are many other priorities for Jack, but he has always been very helpful.

I recently looked at a 1988 43T, with all original boxes in perfect condition. They were epoxied on the inside. My 1998 48T was only 5yrs old when I bought it and the boxes were completely trashed, many layers of wood coming apart on the inside. So, if you fix or build, make sure you epoxy the interior of the box and make some drain holes.

Thanks,
Steve
scleary
Crew

Return to Woodwoorking, Fiberglass, Metals, Gelcot & Paints