HC38T holding tank

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

HC38T holding tank

Postby seabound » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:39 pm

I am in need of a new holding tank for my 1979 HC38T. The previous owner got rid of the original one, can't even tell where or what it was, so I'm working from scratch. Has anyone replaced theirs and still have the dimensions/measurements they used? Or maybe an aftermarket tank part # like Moeller or Todd for example. I am looking at putting one under the v-berth as large as I can fit in there, of course and still be able to get it thru the hatch or doorway. I'm not really interested in fabing one up. I have an electroscan system so the only time I will be using a holding tank is in NDZ's.
seabound
Cabinboy

Re: HC38T holding tank

Postby jonathan38 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 7:18 pm

Did the HC38 ever have a holding tank originally? where was it located? Mine does not have one, possible to steal some anchor well space...
jonathan38
Cabinboy

Re: HC38T holding tank

Postby seabound » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 pm

You might be right. I think my boat has had so little actual use, no one ever bothered. It dumped straight overboard. What I did was add a shelf to the forward compartment of the v berth. Just low enough my 300' of anchor rode will go underneath and the 150' of 3/8 chain in front of that. The shelf is 24" front to rear. I also glassed in the floor in the bilge and added a drain to my shower sump. I didn't want anchor rode crap in the bilge going back by the water tanks. The shower sump is easy to clean out and the rode sits on a grate to let it drain and dry. A 19 gallon holding tank sits on top of the shelf. I wish bigger would have fit, but it'll work.
seabound
Cabinboy

Return to HC38