[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Secure hold downs for bunk boards and nav table etc

Secure hold downs for bunk boards and nav table etc

Moderators: mimoza, warmrain

Secure hold downs for bunk boards and nav table etc

Postby edelweiss » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:52 am

Looking for ideas for hold downs for the numerous boards that go under bunks, nav table and "chilly bin". I happened across a interesting you tube video from Great Britain that demonstrated a video of a staged ( they used a strap and a crane ) roll over showing everything flying out of the various storage compartments. Link to the video and others by googling yachting monthly crash test.
There is suppose to be some special category for people who can learn from others and I am trying to qualify as one of those having spent plenty of time in the other category. So..... secure hold downs for now. Pictures really appreciated if anyone has done this.

This yachting monthly series is too cool to miss. There are several videos in a series including the most recent which is an explosion. ( Nasty old propane stuff).
1980 HC 38T/MKII hybrid
edelweiss
Crew

Postby mimoza » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:53 am

Sorry, no pic today, but this is easy to envision:

Get some hinges with easily removable pins. Install then flat on both ends of the board. Stainless is nice to have. I use these for my built in battery boxes. Hope they are enough. I also hope I never find out.

This isn't the perfect solution for everything you mention, but it is good for many. My companionway steps / engine cover had simple barrel bolts, and these weren't even good enough for a seaway. I used heavy hatch dogs to hold this in place.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby edelweiss » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:40 pm

Thanks for the idea.
1980 HC 38T/MKII hybrid
edelweiss
Crew

Postby turbin » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Hi guys!
Refering to this issue, i have used main engine rolover secure montins. I change the original Yanmar engine montins to safe quality. Also new braket to hold my 4 battery of 250 Amph each, 78 kg each, with bracets for safe rolover. any interest, i have the photos. Use my email!
Peter Ruyter
s/v CHRISTINA
XSA43015E787
1987 HC43Ch #15
Vasteras
Sweden
turbin
Crew

Postby edelweiss » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 pm

1980 HC 38T/MKII hybrid
edelweiss
Crew

Postby turbin » Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:42 pm

Peter Ruyter
s/v CHRISTINA
XSA43015E787
1987 HC43Ch #15
Vasteras
Sweden
turbin
Crew

Postby mimoza » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:10 pm

It is not hard to attach photos and other documents to a message. Read this post.

How to attach photos and other documents to your message

Be sure to do step 6. This is where most people have a problem. It's easy, but it isn't obvious.

Good Luck! And send me an email if you do have a problem.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Return to Safety and Medical