[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Password disappears

Password disappears

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Password disappears

Postby Guest disguised as Bill » Sat Jul 29, 2006 3:02 am

Hey Web Maestro,

My password keeps disappearing every time I log in from a different computer. I have reset my password back to it's original one not less than 4 times in the last week. Can you help? Do I need a different password for each computer.

Bill
Beyond Reason
HC 43 Ketch
Guest disguised as Bill

Postby svhokuloa » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:48 pm

John,

I have the same problem. The password reverts back to the original you gave me.

Ed
svhokuloa
Cabinboy

Postby Guest » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:02 am

There is a "trick" to this new syetm I have yet to figure out how to deal with yet. You cannot change the password from the profile in this message board. The entire website is driven by a master profile in another area. I have not made that available fully yet.

To change your password go here: http://www.hanschristian.org/amm/
This will get you into the master profile which really controls the passwords.

I don't know why you are not able to login from another computer. I do this everyday without problems. The system does not restrict you in that way. But it my be due to the way you were changing the password. And rightly so thinking that was working correctly... went on with your business expecting things to work. Not your fault.

I still have some stuff to work out but if you still have problems after using the link given above don't hesitate to let me know.

Sorry for the bumps in the road.[/url]

Postby Bill » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:32 pm

Just to clarify. We don't have any issues logging in from a different computer, only that when we do the password has changed. I believe this is most likely do to the password not being changed correctly in the first place.
I have rechanged the password (as you discribed) and will let you know if it does not work.

Thanks
Bill and Lisa
Beyond Reason
'79 HC43 Ketch
Hull #23
www.beyondreason.us
Bill
First Mate

Location: Finished sweating out the Mexican summers and heading home to San Francisco.

Return to Help!