Hans Christian power trawler?

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Hans Christian power trawler?

Postby ginsail » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:17 pm

does anybody know any thing about a 38 to 42 foot power boat (trawler)that HC produced in very limited quantities. I saw one in British Columbia a year ago and I want one but I am having terrible luck finding out anything about them. the owner said it was produced by HC or it at very least came out of the same yard.Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.
ginsail
Landlubber

Postby mimoza » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:45 am

These are great boats. They were produced by HC as the Independence 45 Trawler. I think we have only one member with an Independence trawler. If I recall correctly there were about a dozen of these boats made in Taiwan before the molds were sold to Cherubini.

I've been aboard a few of these fine HC Independence boats. Really great
cruisers, they are. I just Googled "Hans Christian Independence Trawler"
[with the quotes] and got only 5 hits, which makes it easier to go through
them. I think there might be two good contacts in there. If you make the
search more generic, you just get a bunch of brokers.

I believe Cherubini still has the molds, although Jim Backus seems to claim design credits without mentioning a word about Hans Christians. Perhaps he redid the interior when Cherubini got the molds. But that's just speculation on my part.
http://www.jimbackus.us/pages_current/a ... ackus.html

If you check this page:
http://www.passagemaker.com/Magazineand ... fault.aspx
you will find an email link to an Owners Association which specifically targets this trawler, both HC and Cherubini.
"Independence Owners"
Open to Hans Christian & Independence Cherubini owners.
Bill and Carolyn Burns cw.burns@verizon.net 11329 Baroque Road Silver Spring, MD 20901
301-592-1683 .

If you go to www.yachtworld.com and search for "independence" with a length of 45, you will find (currently) 3 Cherubinis. If you search for hans christian / power / 45. You will find one HC [they didn't use "independence" in the ad title.]

Hope this helps.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

hc power trawler/ mimoza

Postby ginsail » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Mimoza,Thank you very much for your great help and the all time you put into it. I am extremely appreciative. I wish you happy and safe sailing.Pete
ginsail
Landlubber

Return to Help!