[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - How does one attach a pdf file to a message

How does one attach a pdf file to a message

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

How does one attach a pdf file to a message

Postby edelweiss » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 pm

I have some drawings that are in a PDF file that I would like to attach. I have tried to convert them to another file type but that has not succeeded. How can I attach these PDF files to my message on the board?
1980 HC 38T/MKII hybrid
edelweiss
Crew

Postby warmrain » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:35 pm

It looks like there is no method that allows attachments that are not one of the following: gif jpeg jpg png tga tif.

~Cars
Yacht "Warmrain" 1986 HC33T #123
Built by Hansa Yacht und Schiffbau G.M.B.H. Taichung Taiwan by Herb Guttler (last Hansa hull was #131, built 1987)

Posts are my opinion based on my experience; your results may vary from mine.
warmrain

test

Postby mimoza » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:25 am

Allowed Extension Groups and their Sizes:
Archives -> Maximum Upload Size: 5 MB
ace gtar gz rar tar zip

Images -> Maximum Upload Size: 5 MB
gif jpeg jpg png tga tif

Trying a zip file...

Yes, that worked fine. Put your pdf into a zip file.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Posting attachments

Postby mimoza » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:11 am

A few of the elements of the user interface can be a bit confusing, so I'll try to be clear.

To attach a file to a post:

1) Make sure it is one of the allowed file types
ace gtar gz rar tar zip (These are compressed files. Most people have heard of zip files.)
gif jpeg jpg png tga tif (These are picture/image files)
If it isn't (such as a PDF or EXE file) then put it in a zip file and post the zip file. You can put several files into a single zip file. In Windows, select the files you want to pack, then right click on the whole selection and select "Send To" a compressed (zip) file. In this example, I have put 4 pages of an HC brochure into a single zip file and attached it to this message. (note that if you download this zip file, Windows will not let you preview the files until you have done a right-click/extract to get the files out.)
Make sure your final file size is less than 5Mb

2) Compose your message
This starts with hitting the Post Reply button at the bottom of the thread to which one wishes to post.

3) Click the "Add an Attachment" button just above the "Preview" & "Submit" buttons.

4) Scroll to the bottom of your post, because the page will probably jump back to the beginning. Where it says "Filename" click on "Browse" and find the file you want to post. Click on it and make sure the file's path appears in the Filename box.

5) Put something in the File Comment box to identify your attachment. In this example I put "HC 33 Brochure"

6) Muy importante!!! Click on the "Add Attachment" button next to the file comment box. If you skip this step, your file will not be posted.
Note that the File Name and File Comment boxes will now be blank. This is the expected behavior, and it means your file was attached successfully. You may now add another file, or just hit "Submit".

Just for fun, I will add another file. It's a photo of a Union 36 - "Secret o' Life" which was sailed by a true bluewater sailor Terry Bingham. Note that the attachments appear in reverse order of how I posted them. When I figure that one out, I'll write a book about it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cap'n Bri
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby mimoza » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:14 am

BTW, Things generally work better if one doesn't have a bunch of blanks in the file path or name.
Cap'n Bri
mimoza
First Mate

Postby mimoza » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:42 pm

Cap'n Bri
mimoza
First Mate

Return to Help!