[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Unable to view forums when logged IN

Unable to view forums when logged IN

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Unable to view forums when logged IN

Postby Imi Loa » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 am

Currently I am unable to view the forums unless I am logged out. When I am logged in the forum appears empty but once I log out I can see and read posts. Strange behavior but an improvement over yesterday when I would get an error stating I was not authorized to view the forums when logged in and the forums appeared empty when logged out. Also, the model specific forums seem to be missing.

Thanks!

Rowan
Imi Loa

Re: Unable to view forums when logged IN

Postby mimoza » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:05 pm

This upgrade has been painful. We paid someone for the membership software upgrade, and this is what seems to be failing.
Permissions are set by "group"
You were not a member of any group. Should be OK now.
lmk
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby imiloa » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Thanks for the quick reply, everything seems ok now.
Rowan
imiloa
Cabinboy

Postby mimoza » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Everyone with an active subscription is now in a group.

We're still having a little difficulty with the membership / bulletin board integration. Please have patience.
Recommend the following:
1)Don't choose "remember password" or "Log me in automatically"
2)When you see the bulletin board, verify that you are logged in (upper right hand corner).
3)If you don't see the bulletin board, check to see whether you are logged in (upper right hand corner).

I may be turning off access by anonymous users to reduce spam. This is the reason for #3 above.
Cap'n Bri
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby magoofskie » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:27 am

Hi and thank you for your continued hard work. My acc is now operating well! Just a question. You mention that you may be turning off access to anonymous users to help reduce spam, however does this mean that the message forums will not be accessible? If so how would people know what a fantastic resource this site is before joining. I appologise if I have miss-understood.
Gareth & Rikki
s/v Moomba
1986 HC38 Telstar #108
magoofskie
Cabinboy

Postby mimoza » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:58 am

I've been thinking about that as well It's the one thing that would stand in the way of doing that.
I'll look into the other tools available.
Thanks for your input.
Cap'n Bri
mimoza
First Mate

Return to Help!