[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Cabin Heaters

Cabin Heaters

This is the very first HCOA message board. The messages were converted but may contain some booboos. But there are over 9000 messages of info to look through.

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Cabin Heaters

Postby Gene » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:18 pm

Gene

Re: Cabin Heaters

Postby Scott Hughey » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:47 pm

Scott Hughey

Postby Stephen Carstensen » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:47 pm

Stephen Carstensen

Postby Stephen Carstensen » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:49 pm

Gene, Here's a sample installation of the "balanced draft" Charlie Nobles on a 33 (with sheet/sail guard). - Steve
warmrain@rockisland.com
Stephen Carstensen

Postby Stephen Carstensen » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:52 pm

Scott is correct in that a cirlulating fan is a requirment both to heat the boat more evenly and to prevent damage to the overhead (see previous photo). Alcohol is scarry IMHO... - Steve warmrain@rockisland.com
Stephen Carstensen

Postby Joe Millsaps » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:16 am

Stephen, Stop posting that picture...it is making me very sad that I don't have mine installed yet.....I am getting an inferiority complex. millsaps@3di.com
Joe Millsaps

Postby Lewis Whitesell » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:21 am

I feel that way with all of Steve's pictures. Warmrain must be a heck of a nice vessel.
LW
Lewis Whitesell

Postby Stephen Carstensen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:22 am

Oh Joe! Don't you know that I am so d@mn proud of that installation! (grin). Any troubles along the way don't hesitate to ask what my experience was... It may look great, but that's partly that I did parts of it twice and some of it three times! Best, Steve warmrain@rockisland.com
Stephen Carstensen

Postby Stephen Carstensen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:24 am

She is very special to us, like all of us feel about these special yachts... Thanks for the kind words guys! - Steve warmrain@rockisland.com
Stephen Carstensen

Postby Gary Akin » Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:53 am

If you only need it ocassionaly for cold nights why not try a couple of oil filled heaters plugged into to your shore power--because if you go cruising in warm climes the heater just hangs on the bulkhead--and the oil heaters are inexpensive compared to the cost of Sigmar or Dickenson/plus fittings etc. After all you do live in Florida:)FWIW hc38t@msn.com
Gary Akin

Postby Stephen Carstensen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:50 am

Or, if you're using shore power then consider the ceramic disks... Even though we cruise SoCal to SE AK and the north only in the summer, it's nice to know you can always get warm at anchor... - Steve warmrain@rockisland.com
Stephen Carstensen

Postby Scott Hughey » Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:06 am

I dod not know if you have shore power if so then the oil filled heaters and some turbo fans for circulatoin are the safest most quiet way to go.
I use that kind of heat in the winter when the boat is in a semi heatd building and in the early spring in the water at the dock.The best part is no noise!
Scott
Scott Hughey

Postby Stephen Carstensen » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:19 pm

No noise, I like that. But I've never heard of these heaters. Can you give me a lead?!
- Steve warmrain@rockisland.com
Stephen Carstensen

Postby Gary Akin » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:27 am

Check out Home Depot or Lowes or any big "box" store--They work great. Used one on our ols Nor'sea 27 in Co in early spring and late fall before pulling the boat for the winter, and used it on our HC. Just bought a 2nd one and am using them both in my garage when I work upon my new land based toy hc38t@msn.com
Gary Akin

Postby Lewis Whitesell » Thu Dec 04, 2003 12:44 am

Stephen,
They are sometimes referred to as DeLonghi heaters. They are nice from a noise point of view, fairly safe and draft-free.
Lewis
Lewis Whitesell

Next

Return to Archive - Original Message Board