Mercedes Nanni Diesel?

Messages Previous to the current forums.

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Mercedes Nanni Diesel?

Postby Anonymous » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:41 am

Art: <BR> <BR>I may have mentioned in a past post that I was looking for members with Nanni Diesel engines. My '86 41T, "Cassotis" has the original engine which is still running strongly. I have found that Mercedes parts are readily available and suprisingly inexpensive. The Nanni parts, however, are very hard to obtain - expensive and long wait. I would love to hear your experiences with this engine and any problems that you have had. <BR> <BR>Which model of Nanni and Mercedes do you have? How many hours are on the engine? What maintenance have you done? How often do you replace the secondary fuel filter mounted on the engine? Have you done any major repairs or tune-ups?
Anonymous

Mercedes Nanni Diesel?

Postby Anonymous » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:35 am

John and Arthur: <BR> <BR>I have been doing some significant cleanup and repairs on the engine periferals this winter - new raw pump from Johnson, new coolant pump and housing from Mercedes, rebuilt alternator from Powerline, and core cleaning of the heat exchanger. I was able to get limited parts (exchanger O rings, gaskets, etc.) from a Nanni dealer. The most difficult part was withdrawing the heat exchanger. It is about a 1/2" too low in the bilge to allow removal without hitting the sole, so we had to remove the forward housing which receives the exchanger entirely. With a little coaching it slid off and no bolts or studs were broken. Everything was cleaned and repainted. I am about ready to reinstall it all. So far Mercedes parts are still easy to come by and relatively affordable. I tried to contact Nanni directly with no luck so I went back to the US dealers list - Waterway Power Center in Annapolis. They were helpful but parts were still hard to get. The magnesiums were impossible to find and I too have decided to just go bare. <BR> <BR>Peter
Anonymous

Mercedes Nanni Diesel?

Postby Anonymous » Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:32 pm

Arthur; <BR>In also have a 1986 Hans 43T and it also has the Nanni Diesel. I had written a response earlier and never heard anymore so here we go again. Just wanted to compare some notes with others out there with this engine. My email is <a href="mailto:bphysa1@pipeline.com">bphysa1@pipeline.com</a>. I mostly live on the boat, used to be with my wife but due to cancer things have changed and she is no longer with me as a partner. <BR>Let me know what issues you have had and also I would like some comments on fuel consumption you are getting. <BR>Cheers <BR>Sam Sadove <BR>SV "Paloma"
Anonymous

Return to Archive 2 - 2003-2005