Using the "Drawings" forum

Useful drawings not found elsewhere

Moderators: mimoza, warmrain

Using the "Drawings" forum

Postby mimoza » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:06 pm

I created this forum so that people would have a place to put their HC drawings. To keep it usable and useful, please do not use it as a discussion forum. Comments that are necessary for understanding a drawing are fine, but please refrain from other comments. In this forum, be prepared to have your posts edited, moved, cut up for reorganization, or deleted.

Please do not put every drawing you have into a single post and do lets try to keep all the 33, 38, 43, etc. stuff together. One topic per boat ought to do it, with the understanding that there is more than one HC38 design, Christinas are a different design, etc. etc.

Most image types are allowed. The maximum drawing size is 5 Meg. Guests have a lower total limit than regular dues paying members.

If you have a problem posting send a PM to mimoza. I'll get to it as soon as possible.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby mimoza » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:55 pm

The first post just went up. There should have been no problem posting the full size TIF drawing, but 14000 by 10000 pixels somehow choked the SQL server.

I cut the size in half for each dimension, so there are ¼ as many pixels.
The large thumbnail generated inline doesn't look good, but clicking on it will let you open the full size (OK, ¼ full size) drawing.

For something this size, I think this is about as good as we can do. I think resampling at half the dots /inch will give the best results.

Google Chrome does not support these drawings - and it won't even show you a placeholder. It just fails. Use a real browser.

I used the freeware Faststone image viewer to resample the drawing (ctrl-R in full screen mode). It is a killer piece of software, and I use it for most of my image manipulations (sometimes I still use Paint.) It will even batch process raw camera files into jpegs or any other format. Pretty damn cool.

You can download it here: www.faststone.org

Thanks to edelweiss for the excellent drawing and for inspiring this new forum.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Return to Drawings