[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Access Chainplates

Access Chainplates

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Postby stormbay » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:56 pm

I would love to see some photos. Here's my email: yourethos at yahoo dot com.

Thanks
Yu & Frank
1985 HC-41 Hull# 11
http://sv-moitessier.blogspot.com/
stormbay
Crew

Postby sv_pacific_pearl » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:50 pm

Hello Mike,

Well done. It must be great to not have to worry about that anymore.

Can you pls email me the pics you have to: paul dot bennett at relegen dot com

Thanks in advance.

Paul
sv_pacific_pearl
Crew

chainplate photos

Postby sv_pacific_pearl » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:23 am

sv_pacific_pearl
Crew

Re: Access Chainplates

Postby marzipanj » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:46 pm

To those of you who have successfully accessed your chainplates: how did you remove the bolts? It seems that those who have replaced the chainplates have done so from the exterior, but that still begs the question of how to drill out or otherwise access the bolts.

In our boat reconstruction (an Oceanic/Mao Ta 36, almost identical to HC36, at least in terms of chainplates) at first I thought removing the chainplates from the interior was essential, but I just see no way, short of a chainsaw. So that leaves the external option, which seems great, except for the problem of drilling out the bolts.

I know I'm resurrecting an old post, but I'm really curious if those who have done this chainplate reconstruction can answer some more questions.

Fair winds,
MJ
marzipanj
Landlubber

Re: Access Chainplates

Postby vinnyleduc » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:44 am

Hi Mike,

I'm relatively new to this... posting replies on this forum. Not an HC48T owner yet but going to see one in Turkey this coming weekend: SV KISMET (formerly COTTON) of 1992/93 vintage - hull # 22 from Thailand, Dutch East Indies. I have been reading with high interest the Chainplate issues voiced on this forum for 48's and other HC...
Could you send me the photos of your work on the chainplates just to get an idea for the implication... in the event we go forwards this KISMET
email: vincentr2000@gmail.com
vinnyleduc
Landlubber

Previous

Return to HC48