HC 36 called Hobbit II

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

HC 36 called Hobbit II

Postby corto_maltese » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:35 am

I am wondering if someone has references about HC 36 called Hobbit II flag of Jersey, she was in Portugal and now is in Cadiz - Spain. I want to buy it, but we have only paper information because the owner (widow) is living in UK.

Thanks.
HC 36 Hobbit II Hull# 7
Torrevieja - SPAIN
corto_maltese
Landlubber

Re: HC 36 called Hobbit II

Postby mimoza » Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:48 pm

The more information you provide, the more we can help.
Is this vessel USCG documented? If so, you can find a little info at

http://www.st.nmfs.noaa.gov/st1/CoastGu ... yName.html

There is a 1977 36' by that name currently documented and hailing from Virgina. The hull number is not given.
This particular vessel seems as if it might be one of the original HC 36s before the breakup between John Edwards and the Union Yacht company.
If this is your boat, it would help with provenance... but not current condition.

Good luck.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby corto_maltese » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:28 am

Yes it is the boat, I see USCG doc number printed on the hull, I don't understabd what is "Documentation Expiration Date" 2016, if the boat is registred in Jersey Island in 2013.

Thank you for the answer I want to buy this boat and I want to have clear the doc.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HC 36 Hobbit II Hull# 7
Torrevieja - SPAIN
corto_maltese
Landlubber

Postby mimoza » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:49 pm

Right off I would consider this suspect. However it is entirely possible that all is in order. The USCG documentation could have been renewed in April 2015, the boat sold shortly thereafter. Or the boat could simply be registered in Jersey while still owned by the original owner. But the registered owner and the USCG owner are not the same.
I would contact the owner of record in the USCG documentation, the USCG documentation center, and the British ships registry with your questions.
Cap'n Bri
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby corto_maltese » Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:20 am

Thank you.

At the end, I have bought the boat, the problem was you have said it previously. I am very happy with my Hans Christian 36 USC 36A7612007, so it is Hull#7 isn´t it?

I have tried to contact with the owner in USA, but I think he is not living in the same place.

Cheers.
HC 36 Hobbit II Hull# 7
Torrevieja - SPAIN
corto_maltese
Landlubber

Postby mimoza » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:04 am

Congratulations! I wish you many years of enjoyment.

I would agree that it is most probably hull number 7, with work having started in December of 1976. At that time Union was known as Union Ship Company. Although USC 36A7612007 is a somewhat unconventional hull ID number, it fits into the schemes in use at that time.

How about a few more pictures?
Cap'n Bri
mimoza
First Mate

Postby corto_maltese » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:09 am

Some pics, this is as I have found her. I have a lot of work :roll: :roll: :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
HC 36 Hobbit II Hull# 7
Torrevieja - SPAIN
corto_maltese
Landlubber

Postby clonjers » Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:28 pm

Always like photos. Post more when you can.
clonjers
First Mate

Postby mimoza » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:32 pm

She's a beauty.
Cap'n Bri
mimoza
First Mate

Return to HC34, HC36, HC41, HC PilotHouses, Union, Mariner Polaris