on board workshops

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

on board workshops

Postby esgbradford » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:04 pm

Hi all. First a little introduction, I am preparing for moving my life onto a cruising sailboat, and sailing world-wide. I haven't decided on which boat to buy (HC41 is one of my top choices, but this message thread isn't about that). This thread is inquiring if any of you have built-in workshops). I saw in bluewaterboats.org, this sentence, "We also know of a fifth layout similar layout to the Molokai but with workshops replacing the area where the after quarter-berth normally resides, only two of these were built." Would anyone on this site have one of those HC41 layouts? Does anyone have a customer build workshop or a factory-built workshop in your boats? Do you have the floor plan which shows the workshop orientation?

So, I'm wondering, how do you like your workshop? Is it big enough? What would you do differently? What do you like the most about the work shop? What is your tool and parts inventory strategy? Etc., what else might you have to say on this topic?

Thanks,

Eric Bradford
"Aries", 1975 Newport 27
esgbradford
Landlubber

Re: on board workshops

Postby whistler » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:52 am

I have a Hans Christian 41traditional with a nav room/workshop in place of the aft double cabin. I just purchased the boat to day so I have yet to use the workshop. David Malmquist@gmail.com
whistler
Landlubber

Postby whistler » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:54 am

whistler
Landlubber

Postby scleary » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:18 pm

I believe Frank and Yu on Moitessier have the workshop layout on their 41. They are currently cruising, so not sure how often he is on the site here at the moment. I believe his username here is stormbay.

http://sv-moitessier.blogspot.com/
scleary
Crew

Return to HC34, HC36, HC41, HC PilotHouses, Union, Mariner Polaris