Sails for hc 33t

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Sails for hc 33t

Postby melemakani » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:42 am

aloha,,,
trouble finding the correct dimensions for my boat so I can order new sails. Seems that the original brochure has one set ,,,then i found another set that were different ,,,did the 33 grow in later years,,,,my hull number 11. any help would be much appreciated,,by the way i use the boom in the stay sail setup. and I love it. :D
melemakani
Landlubber

Postby johnrobinson » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Your best bet is to actually measure your boat if you can, any reputable sailmaker will provide a diagram of the needed dimensions. The actual rig dimensions will vary from boat to baot and may be very different from a brochure or even the builders drawings.

Best regards, John Robinson, s/v Crossings, Seattle
johnrobinson
Crew

Postby mimoza » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:54 am

I second that. You can measure yourself, or you can consult with a local sailmaker. Be sure to get a really long (50' or more) tape measure to be sure your measurements are accurate. You really don't want to do it in sections using a shorter tape. It's too easy to miss by a few inches, which can be costly.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Return to The Sail Loft