Valentine for sale!

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Valentine for sale!

Postby scleary » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:33 am

Hello folks!
Long time no post for me. My time as a Hans Christian owner is coming to an end (for now!), as it’s time to put Valentine up for sale. I’ve had less and less time to sail her, and a new baby on the way is the final straw. Time to let someone else take the sheets and guide her on the next adventure. She’s a beautiful 1998 two owner 48T. She has many unique features, like a Norsman rig, dyform rigging, all Harken winches (electric primaries), dual stainless anchors, grunert refers/ac units, and the list goes on. Sails were just refurbed (still in their boxes). New sock for chute with 1 season of use.

I’ve been a meticulous owner, and I’m a licensed 50T master.

I have two options for selling, one is to sell her exactly as she sits today. Mast/boom/sprit are off having just been awlgripped ($12K). Bumpkin is off too for stern rail buffing/welding. I will let her go exactly as she sits for $230k (currently still shrink wrapped on the hard). This price is non-negotiable, and when you see this boat you will understand why.

Option 2 is I put her back in the water fully assembled and put her on the market at $285K next spring.

It won’t cost more than $5K to get her in the water and spit shined(and if you’re like me and you do most things yourself, likely $3K worth), but my time is very limited and I’d just as soon see her with someone at the helm sooner rather than later. This is the deal of a lifetime for someone that wants a gorgeous 48T in great condition.

If you bring a broker, you pay the fee. I can put a serious buyer in touch with the buyer of the last boat I sold and he can tell you what a great experience that has been for him. I will disclose everything about this boat (good/bad/ugly), far more than a broker ever would. And I will do everything I can to make sure the next owner is thrilled with their purchase.

You can see all the specs at www.valentinesailing.com (I need to update the hours, and a few other things have been added since I built the website). The boat is currently lying in Newburyport, MA. I can/will deliver the boat just about anywhere, help/teach the new owners how to handle her, and be available anytime to the buyer for answers/assistance.

-Forgot to mention, VAT has been paid on this boat for any European buyers (original owner had the boat in Bermuda)
scleary
Crew

Re: Valentine for sale!

Postby True North 3 » Fri May 22, 2020 6:21 pm

Steve,

I don't yet own a HC, but am planning one in my future, hopefully before I am too old to enjoy it. In the meantime, I am a spreadsheet guy, and have amused myself by following the HC 48T discussion on this website (my model of choice), and creating the attached HC 48T roster (I hope this doesn't offend anyone) from information available on the internet. I know you sold Valentine years ago, but can you provide any information about her for my roster? Hull number, new name if it changed, etc? Or any of the other boats on the list?

Thanks

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
True North 3
Landlubber

Return to HC48