NAIAD in Poulsbo

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

NAIAD in Poulsbo

Postby dhhudson » Sun May 20, 2018 7:22 pm

I joined the HCOA in 2010, dreaming about a beautiful boat. I told my wife that when I retire, I am buying an HC and I'll drink coffee in my galley each morning looking up at her drinking tea in our kitchen on Liberty Bay. For years I told her that story. Of course, time and common sense have intervened and I never seriously pursued my boat, preferring instead to renew the house we've lived in for 25 years for a long retirement.

Then, six months ago, an odd thing happened. An HC 41 appeared on the bay, mast unstepped, and seemingly in need of someone who can care for her. My few inquiries have brought me no real insight as to what the NAIAD's story is, but the irony of having this boat appear 1/4 mile from my doorstep the year I intend to retire makes my head spin.

I know that the NAIAD (a Greek water nymph, by the way) was for sale in Los Angeles a year or so ago. I have been unable to resurrect YachtWorld's page to read the specifics of the vessel at the time, but I know that I read and re-read that listing. Clearly there was enough there to interest me.

Now that I am looking at her from my kitchen, I am unable to find even the barest of facts regarding her. Does anyone have any connection to the NAIAD or know what her current status might be?

Thanks,

David
dhhudson
Landlubber

Re: NAIAD in Poulsbo

Postby mimoza » Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:15 am

Is she still there?
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Return to General Stuff