Question about the saloon table

Moderators: mimoza, warmrain

Question about the saloon table

Postby andyv94 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:55 pm

So when I bought my boat the previous owner for reasons only himself knows, basically cut the original table in half.

So I had one of the yards here in Puerto Rico make me one based on the boat drawings, they didn’t do a bad job with the shape, it’s the damn thickness that it’s wrong. They ended up using marine plywood (I think) and plastic laminate to finish it off. So the problem is you can’t lean on it because it gives some and it’s not the steardiest of tables which sucks. I’ve been in other 33’s and I love the original sturdy as.....tables

Can anybody tell me the thickness of their table and if the used teal or which material!?
Thank you
Andy & Kristy
S/V Gitana
HC33T #28
andyv94
First Mate

Re: Question about the saloon table

Postby bramfam » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:57 pm

Ours appears to be teak. It is solid as .... as you mentioned. I'll try to give the thickness a measure next weekend, although that will be tricky due to the fiddle rails.
S/V Dragonquest, HC33T
bramfam
Cabinboy

Postby andyv94 » Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:41 pm

Thank uou
Andy & Kristy
S/V Gitana
HC33T #28
andyv94
First Mate

Postby Bill » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:54 pm

Andy,

Ours is easily 1" thick. I am sure it is teak ply, not solid, the fiddle rails are roughly 1.75" tall, flush with the bottom, solid teak.
Bill and Lisa
Beyond Reason
'79 HC43 Ketch
Hull #23
www.beyondreason.us
Bill
First Mate

Location: Finished sweating out the Mexican summers and heading home to San Francisco.

Return to HC33