Grounding plate

Moderators: mimoza, warmrain

Grounding plate

Postby chimere » Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:53 am

Hi,
I am looking for an Hans Christian. Last week I have seen one with this plate on her hull (see the picture). The owner say that is a grounding plate. What do you think ?
Thanks. Francis
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chimere
Landlubber

Re: Grounding plate

Postby Bill » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:49 pm

Hi Francis,

I am not a grounding plate expert but we do have one on our 43. The plate stands proud of the hull by about 1". The size of the plate you are showing does look to be about the same actual area of ours so I imagine it could be. On the inside of the hull you should be able to see the leads that come through the hull for attachment of your radio gear though. Where they there?
Bill and Lisa
Beyond Reason
'79 HC43 Ketch
Hull #23
www.beyondreason.us
Bill
First Mate

Location: Finished sweating out the Mexican summers and heading home to San Francisco.

Re: Grounding plate

Postby chimere » Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:23 pm

Thanks Bill for the reply. It's a boat that is for sale. I did not see behind the plate inside the hull what there is. When I saw it on the hull after the haul out, this did not seems to me normal. That was the first time I saw it on a hull. A surveyor even, seeing the picture, said me to go away from this boat. But your reply reassures me. Thanks.
chimere
Landlubber

Return to Electrical, Wiring, Batteries, AC / DC