[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
hanschristian.org • View topic - Stuff is getting Fixed

Stuff is getting Fixed

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Stuff is getting Fixed

Postby hcadmin » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:42 am

================================
d'Webmaster
hcadmin
Site Admin

Postby clonjers » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:59 pm

Let me be the first to thank you for taking on the tasks to get things fixed.

I know that WE ALL really appreciate it.
clonjers
First Mate

Postby ricardo » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:29 pm

I'll gladly second that!

Richard
_/)_ ''Plume''
1983 HC33T
__hull#42__
ricardo
Crew

Postby mimoza » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Yes, thank you so much!

At the risk of emulating Oliver Twist, "Please, may I have some more?"...
I think the number one issue after the smtp issue is the failure of search to return any results older than August 2008. Try searching for "teak"

And thanks again!
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Web helper

Postby warmrain » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:37 pm

The topic in this forum "Tanbark sails" needs to be deleted as it is a duplicate of the one in "the sail loft". There is no provision for a moderator to do this...

I think you want moderators to have the ability to:
Delete duplicates topics
Delete duplicate postings
Move threads to the proper forum

Best, Cars
Yacht "Warmrain" 1986 HC33T #123
Built by Hansa Yacht und Schiffbau G.M.B.H. Taichung Taiwan by Herb Guttler (last Hansa hull was #131, built 1987)

Posts are my opinion based on my experience; your results may vary from mine.
warmrain

Postby clonjers » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:44 pm

Are you looking for our approval to make these changes. If so I agree.

Personally I believe the modiraters should have the control that they need.
clonjers
First Mate

Postby warmrain » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:06 pm

I am not able to make the changes to allow this. It was once allowed IIRC. I am a founding member and have performed as a moderator for some number of years, mostly cleaning up the messes that some ppl generate in threads by double posting in the same thread or creating multiple thread with the same topic (bad practice) or creating their thread in the wrong forum topic.

~Cars
Yacht "Warmrain" 1986 HC33T #123
Built by Hansa Yacht und Schiffbau G.M.B.H. Taichung Taiwan by Herb Guttler (last Hansa hull was #131, built 1987)

Posts are my opinion based on my experience; your results may vary from mine.
warmrain

Postby mimoza » Fri May 29, 2009 6:16 pm

Just out of curiosity, I checked the search function again today, and it worked as expected after being broken for almost a year (wouldn’t search posts older than August 2008). I don’t know whether there was a deliberate fix to this feature or whether it came as a side effect of the recent software upgrade, but in either case, it has made a huge improvement in usability for the BB.

Many thanks to our web ppl.

Everyone else: search away! And I hope you find what you couldn't find before. (Kinda sounds like it should have been a U2 song...)
Cap'n Bri
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

RE Search

Postby johnnysuede » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:05 pm

Use the Search function on the HC Home page. It defaults to hanschristian.org and brings up all references properly!
johnnysuede
Crew

Postby mimoza » Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:03 pm

Do you mean the Google Search? Thanks, Mike. That's a great tip, but I found a bug in it. I'll send it to Google; maybe they'll give me a free search, or free email or a new vaporware OS :?

Check this out:
Read the first posting of "Interior Teak Finish"
viewtopic.php?t=3322

See where it says "teak and holly" ?
Now search for {holly}, {teak and holly}, {teak & holly}.
It comes up in each of these searches.

Now search for {teak holly}
Where did it go?

OK, now try this:
Search for {dings and dents}
Now search for {dings dents}

"Bugs.... they creep up on you." (Steven King's "Creepshow")

Thanks again for a helpful tip.
Cap'n Bri
mimoza
First Mate

Re: Stuff is getting Fixed

Postby mimoza » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:00 pm

Turns out that the hcoa search engine works exactly as intended.

"Teak" is rightly regarded as a common word. It is present in more than 5% of our posts - no surprise there - and so is ignored in searches. Searching for "teak" will give an alert to this effect. Searching for "teak and holly" will note that "teak" was ignored and yield x results. Searching for "holly" will yield the same x results.

I like this behavior, and the result list is cleaner than the google result list.
Cap'n Bri
mimoza
First Mate

Return to Announcements