Faucet / plumbing fixtures

Messages Previous to the current forums.

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

Postby svmystique » Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:23 pm

Modern metalurgy has done some wonderful things for us. Tarnish proof brass is one of the niceties unavailable when our boats were built. I changed out the galley faucet 5 years ago, and it still hasn't tarnished a bit- even after some very heavy sea water intrusion saoked the whole galley counter. (green water overcame the drain holes in our galley's dorade) <BR>The admiral loves the traditional lines and lack of polishing. If only our portlights could be so shiny... <BR> <BR>Tom
svmystique
Crew

Postby davew » Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:24 am

Ron, <BR> <BR>Did you mean "faucet.com" vs "faucets.com"? I took a quick look at the "faucets.com" site and I didn't see anything interesting...the "faucet.com" site looks much more like it might have the styles/quality appropriate for an HC T. <BR> <BR>I took a look at your boat on a trip to Marina Del Rey a couple of years ago. Did you buy it or did you have it for sale? I watched it on yachtworld for a long time for sale. I have a 48T myself, 1998 that I bought a couple of years ago. <BR> <BR>Cheers, <BR> <BR>Steve
1984 HC33 #67
davew
Landlubber

Return to Archive 2 - 2003-2005