46' Motor Yacht

HC Independence 45 / Cherubini Independence 45

Moderators: warmrain, mimoza

46' Motor Yacht

Postby autenreith » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:52 pm

I am the purchaser of a Hans Christian 46' Sea Wolf motor yacht. I would appreciate any information that anyone on this site may feel pertinent to the operation to my new boat. I realize this site is primarily for the Hans Christian sail boats but perhaps there is some "cross over". Thanks, John
autenreith
Landlubber

Re: 46' Motor Yacht

Postby mimoza » Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:53 am

Hi John,
Would this be hull number XSA46002K686 ??
I saw it in a brokerage listing as beginning with XZA, but the documentation number led me to a USCG entry for Zaidee III
XSA would indicate that the hull was laid in the Hansa yard in Taiwan, where many HCs were built, including my 33. You appear to have hull number 2 of the series.
I'm sorry I can't point you to any further reading.
Fair winds and following seas,
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby autenreith » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks Cap''n Bri,

My hull number is ZSA45009O988. Built 1988. Does this provide any more info?

One issue is the "switching" on the lower helm. Very complicated and very expensive switches! Do the sail boats have similar switching?

Thanks, John
autenreith
Landlubber

Postby mimoza » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:06 am

Hi John,
I'm moving this topic over to the pilothouse section.
Have you actually located the hull number on the boat? or are you just working from written documentation? Is there a USCG documentation number?
Taiwan built boats are notorious for having letters and numbers confused and switched around. You have to remember that those doing the stamping aren't necessarily working with their native language.
All our sailboats have a single helm.
Cap'n Bri
HC 33 "Mimoza" Hull number 43
Mimoza is the name of the Admiral, a flower, and a star - the eastern arm of the Southern Cross, also called Becrux.
mimoza
First Mate

Postby autenreith » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:08 am

Hi, All the documentation and hull number on the vessel match. This boat has somewhat complicated AC and DC electrical systems. Is this the same as the sailboats? Thanks for your replies. John
autenreith
Landlubber

Return to Independence 45 Trawler